Electrical Engineer – All Locations
Location: Cedar Rapids and Madison Offices
Position Type: In-Person/Hybrid
Position Schedule: Full Time
What we’re looking for.
Electrical Engineering position involved with the investigation, design, and construction of building interior and exterior lighting, electrical distribution, and power systems.
What you’ll do.
• Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
• Undertake electrical systems design including power systems, lighting, fire alarm and other low voltage systems.
• Perform engineering calculations for power and lighting systems.
• Provide direction to designers and BIM technicians for preparation of drawings detailing the design.
• Coordinate work with Clients and design team members of other disciplines.
• Create/prepare reports.
• Incorporate sustainable design methods.
What you need to succeed.
• Bachelor of Science, Electrical Engineering
• Experience with design of lighting, power, fire alarm and low voltage systems desired.
• Experience with SKM Power Tools, AGI32 and Revit desired.
• Proactive, collaborative, tenacious and client-focused.
• Self-directed and highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
• Voracious appetite for learning.
• Strong interest in other disciplines with the goal of developing integrated designs.
• Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills – must be able to describe conceptual ideas verbally and in writing to clients and co-workers, contractors, and vendors.
Why Design Engineers?
Professionally, we’re large enough to give you the opportunity to work on award-winning, nationally recognized projects while advancing your career in a stable, growing company. Culturally, DE likes to support our proactive, collaborative, and tenacious talent by fostering a healthy work-life balance. Like we always say, we want you to work to live, not live to work. We value long-term relationships, and you’ll see this value reflected in how we treat our partners, clients, and the people we hire.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DE is a full-service engineering consultant firm. We’re energized by complex building systems and driven to create high-performance solutions for our clients. Check out our portfolio and learn more about the amazing work we do.