BIM Technician Intern – Cedar Rapids
What we’re looking for.
As a BIM Technician Intern you’ll transform building system designs and markups into detailed plans using Building Information Modeling software.
What you’ll do.
• Work Model building systems using Revit MEP software under the direction of an engineer or designer.
• Coordinate layouts with all building disciplines under direction of a designer.
• Create sheets including floor plans, system schematics, details, schedules, and notes.
• Work with project team to meet deadlines.
• Perform miscellaneous office duties.
What you need to succeed.
• One year completed working towards a two-year associate degree in related area.
• Knowledge of Navisworks a plus.
• Proactive, collaborative, tenacious and client-focused.
• Energetic, highly motivated and self-directed with a strong work ethic.
• Voracious appetite for learning.
• Strong organizational skills.
• Strong interest in other disciplines with the goal of developing integrated designs.
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – must be able to understand and describe conceptual ideas verbally and in writing to co-workers.
Why Design Engineers?
Professionally, we’re large enough to give you the opportunity to work on award-winning, nationally recognized projects while advancing your career in a stable, growing company. Culturally, DE likes to support our proactive, collaborative, and tenacious talent by fostering a healthy work-life balance. Like we always say, we want you to work to live, not live to work. We value long-term relationships, and you’ll see this value reflected in how we treat our partners, clients, and the people we hire.
Interested applicants should email a cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org.
DE is a full-service engineering consultant firm. We’re energized by complex building systems and driven to create high-performance solutions for our clients. Check out our portfolio and learn more about the amazing work we do.