Hiring Mechanical Engineer – Cedar Rapids
Position: Mechanical Engineering position involved with the investigation, design, and construction of building heating, ventilating, air-conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, and fire protection systems.
- Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
- Lead mechanical systems design including fire suppression, plumbing and HVAC systems.
- Perform and/or direct calculations for HVAC loads, duct sizing, pipe sizing, ventilation requirements, etc.
- Provide direction to designers and BIM technicians for preparation of drawings detailing the design.
- Coordinate work with Clients and design team members of other disciplines.
- Create/prepare reports.
- Incorporate sustainable design methods.
- Proactive, collaborative, tenacious and client-focused.
- Self-directed and highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Voracious appetite for learning.
- Strong interest in other disciplines with the goal of developing integrated designs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills – must be able to describe conceptual ideas verbally and in writing to owners, architects, co-workers, contractors and vendors.
- Bachelors of Science, Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as mechanical engineer in building system design
Interested applicants should email resumes to DE Hiring.