BIM Technician – All Locations
Location: Cedar Rapids and Madison Offices
Position Type: In-Person/Hybrid
Position Schedule: Full or Part Time
What we’re looking for.
You’re ambitious to build your career. Often called a “life-long learner,” you’re eager to apply everything you learn about the engineering field and its various disciplines to create integrated Building Information Modeling designs. You champion the smallest of details because you understand the lasting impact it has on the building owner’s experience of the space. Your proactive attitude for clarifying uncertainties, ability to take charge of unfinished work, and desire to stay organized and create consistencies in your work habits helps you keep projects moving forward. As a BIM Technician at Design Engineers, you’ll work closely with the designers to transform building system designs and markups into detailed plans.
What you’ll do.
- Model building systems using Revit MEP software under the direction of an engineer or designer.
- Collaborate with designers daily to coordinate layouts with all building disciplines.
- Create design sheets including floor plans, system schematics, details, schedules, and notes.
- Work with project team—including designers and engineers—to meet deadlines.
- Support project-related and other administrative tasks.
What you need to succeed.
- AA, Engineering degree (or related area) OR are working towards AA
- Experience with Revit MEP software
- Experience with Autocad and Navisworks a plus
- Energetic, highly motivated and self-directed with a strong work ethic
- Strong communication skills, and an ability to effectively collaborate with others
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage multiple daily tasks and projects with tight deadlines
Why Design Engineers?
Professionally, we’re large enough to give you the opportunity to work on award-winning, nationally recognized projects while advancing your career in a stable, growing company. Culturally, DE likes to support our proactive, collaborative, and tenacious talent by fostering a healthy work-life balance. Like we always say, we want you to work to live, not live to work. We value long-term relationships, and you’ll see this value reflected in how we treat our partners, clients, and the people we hire.
Interested applicants should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
DE is a full-service engineering consultant firm. We’re energized by complex building systems and driven to create high-performance solutions for our clients. Check out our portfolio and learn more about the amazing work we do.