Mechanical Engineer – Cedar Rapids
Company Location: Cedar Rapids, IA
Position Type: In-Person/Hybrid
Position Schedule: Full Time
What we’re looking for.
Mechanical Engineering position involved with the investigation, design, and construction of building heating, ventilating, air-conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, and fire protection systems.
What you’ll do.
- Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them.
- Lead mechanical systems design including fire suppression, plumbing and HVAC systems.
- Perform and/or direct calculations for HVAC loads, duct sizing, pipe sizing, ventilation requirements, etc.
- Provide direction to designers and BIM technicians for preparation of drawings detailing the design.
- Coordinate work with Clients and design team members of other disciplines.
- Create/prepare reports.
- Incorporate sustainable design methods.
What you need to succeed.
- Bachelors of Science, Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 2 years’ experience as mechanical engineer in building system design
- Proactive, collaborative, tenacious and client-focused.
- Self-directed and highly motivated with a strong work ethic.
- Voracious appetite for learning.
- Strong interest in other disciplines with the goal of developing integrated designs.
- Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills – must be able to describe conceptual ideas verbally and in writing to owners, architects, co-workers, contractors and vendors.
Why Design Engineers?
Professionally, we’re large enough to give you the opportunity to work on award-winning, nationally recognized projects while advancing your career in a stable, growing company. Culturally, DE likes to support our proactive, collaborative, and tenacious talent by fostering a healthy work-life balance. Like we always say, we want you to work to live, not live to work. We value long-term relationships, and you’ll see this value reflected in how we treat our partners, clients, and the people we hire.
Interested applicants should email cover letter and resume to email@example.com.
DE is a full-service engineering consultant firm. We’re energized by complex building systems and driven to create high-performance solutions for our clients. Check out our portfolio and learn more about the amazing work we do.