Now Hiring: Technology Designer
OVERVIEW: Technology position involved with the investigation and design of building technology systems for the construction industry. Systems to be designed include but are not limited to: outside plant fiber, telecommunications rooms, structured cabling, access control, video surveillance systems, intercom, clock systems and audio/video design.
POSITION: Internship / Part-time / Full-time
- Network and System Administration
- System Architecture; Data Technology; Network Technology
LOCATION: Cedar Rapids, Iowa 52404
- Working towards an Associate Degree in a Technology field
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Aptitude with computer applications and software
- Energetic and self-motivated with a strong work ethic
- Construction industry experience helpful but not required
- Interest in becoming a BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD)
- Work alongside an experienced RCDD
- Perform site work at existing buildings
- Technology system design and layout
- Prepare drawings for competitive bidding by Contractors
- Perform site visits to review progress of construction
- Interact with Architects, Engineers, Contractors and Owners
ABOUT DESIGN ENGINEERS: Design Engineers provides building system design for the complex building projects. We are specifically involved with the design of heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, fire protection, lighting, power, and communications systems. We work in highly collaborative and tightly integrated teams both internally and with our clients. We are proactive, collaborative and tenacious problem solvers, energized by complex engineering challenges.
Interested applicants should email cover letter and resume to DE Hiring.