HVAC Designer, Madison, Wisconsin: Full-time
OVERVIEW: Transforms HVAC system design concepts into detailed layouts using Building Information Modeling software.
- Develop ductwork, piping and equipment layouts under the direction of an engineer
- Select and layout out diffusers for proper air distribution
- Size ductwork and coordinate with structure and other disciplines
- Perform clash detection using Navisworks
- Assist mechanical engineer with load calculations
- Model HVAC systems using Revit MEP software
- Coordinate layouts with all building disciplines
- Direct the work of BIM Technicians as appropriate
- Work with project team to meet deadlines
- Perform miscellaneous office duties
- Minimum of two-year associate degree in related area
- Minimum 4 years of experience in HVAC system design and BIM modeling
- Detailed knowledge of Revit MEP software
- Knowledge of Navisworks and Trane Trace Load Design a plus
- Proactive, collaborative, tenacious and client-focused
- Energetic, highly motivated and self-directed with a strong work ethic
- Voracious appetite for learning
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interest in other disciplines with the goal of developing integrated designs
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills – must be able to understand and describe conceptual ideas verbally and in writing to co-workers.
ABOUT DESIGN ENGINEERS: Design Engineers provides building system design for the complex building projects. We are specifically involved with the design of heating, ventilation and air-conditioning (HVAC), plumbing, fire protection, lighting, power, and communications systems. We work in highly collaborative and tightly integrated teams both internally and with our clients. We are proactive, collaborative and tenacious problem solvers, energized by complex engineering challenges.
Interested applicants should email cover letter and resume to DE HIRING.